Pickle question

Noel Rappin noel.rappin at openwave.com
Tue Apr 3 12:02:57 EDT 2001

I'm trying to use pickle to serialize some of my instances to files.  The
pickling operation works fine -- I do not get a pickling error, but when I
try to unpickle the file, I get the following error:

====
Traceback (most recent call last):

	  File "C:\perforce\blueprint\test\pickleDataTest.py", line 37, in
testCompleteRun

	    x = pickle.load(file)

	  File "c:\python20\lib\pickle.py", line 897, in load

	    return Unpickler(file).load()

	  File "c:\python20\lib\pickle.py", line 517, in load

	    dispatch[key](self)

	KeyError:
====

The pickle file in question is 83 KB -- is that the problem?  I seem to be
having this problom on all pickle files over about 5 KB.  Is there a data
format in my class that could be causing the problem?

Thanks,

Noel

Noel Rappin
Openwave
Principal Software Engineer, Internal Development
Noel.Rappin at openwave.com
(781) 274-7000 x305

The contents of this email message do not necessarily reflect the opinions
or programming practices of Openwave Systems