Python + Borland - msvcrt = grr.

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Tue Apr 24 00:57:16 EDT 2001

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 19:16:29 GMT, "Stephen Hansen" <news at myNOSPAM.org> wrote
in comp.lang.python in article <hc%E6.195118$LO3.31059764 at typhoon.we.rr.com>:

:Borland is
:complaining rather loudly (in the order of 200+ warnings, although some are
:for other things I havn't looked into) because of the use of this idiom. I'm
:not sugguesting it must be changed, but now that I understand what's going
:on, it seems *correct* that this throws a warning.

Can't you configure the level of warnings? I don't have a copy of the BCC free
compiler, however I have C++ Builder 5, and I find that under the
Project>Options>Tasm tab, I can setting warnings to "None" or "Level 1"
(mild), or "Level 2" (high).

I also use MetroWerks CodeWarrior for writing C++ code, and the warnings are
configurable in that compiler as well. (Matter of fact, they are very
configurable...I can toggle each of the following on/off as to whether I would
like to receive warnings on them, or not: Illegal Pragmas, Empty Declarations,
Possible Errors, Unused Variables, Unused Arguments, Extra Commas, Extended
Error Checking, Hidden Virtual Functions, Implicit Arithmetic Conversions,
Non-Inlined Functions, Inconsistent Use of "class" and "struct" Keywords.)
Again, these are Project settings. Have to customize per project.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/