Python + Borland - msvcrt = grr.

Stephen Hansen news at myNOSPAM.org
Tue Apr 24 01:52:17 EDT 2001

    Of course you can. In this situation, though, I believe you'd want
Project->Options->Compiler->Selected Warnings. The 'tasm' page is, I
believe, just for assembler settings for when you're writing directly in
assembler.

    But, just ignoring the warnings is not a good idea until you're sure
they're ignorable. Before I went an disabled every warning that was
complaining, I posted some questions to the appropriate newsgroups if I
didn't understand why the warning was given -- why? So I could understand
why the warning was given, and then decide that it is something which is
just a minor nuisance and best to be ignored. *then* (read: now) I turned
off the warning. :)

--S
(replace 'NOSPAM' with 'seraph' to respond)

news:t51aet001jntgk44ldcvah6r8hkdcfk8p0 at 4ax.com...
<hc%E6.195118$LO3.31059764 at typhoon.we.rr.com>:

> :Borland is
> :complaining rather loudly (in the order of 200+ warnings, although some
are
> :for other things I havn't looked into) because of the use of this idiom.
I'm
> :not sugguesting it must be changed, but now that I understand what's
going
> :on, it seems *correct* that this throws a warning.
>
> Can't you configure the level of warnings? I don't have a copy of the BCC
free
> compiler, however I have C++ Builder 5, and I find that under the
> Project>Options>Tasm tab, I can setting warnings to "None" or "Level 1"
> (mild), or "Level 2" (high).
>
> I also use MetroWerks CodeWarrior for writing C++ code, and the warnings
are
> configurable in that compiler as well. (Matter of fact, they are very
> configurable...I can toggle each of the following on/off as to whether I
would
> like to receive warnings on them, or not: Illegal Pragmas, Empty
Declarations,
> Possible Errors, Unused Variables, Unused Arguments, Extra Commas,
Extended