Nested Scopes in Idle/PythonWin

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Mon Apr 23 02:38:19 EDT 2001

[Greg Chapman]
> I agree it is only a minor nuisance.  Let me just suggest that if
> there is an interim release of 2.1, you add a note to this section
> of the NEWS file:
>
>   - The nested scopes work (enabled by "from __future__ import
> It might be worthwhile to include some of the PEP text there so that
> others will not be misled.

Absolutely!  I apologize for it not being in the NEWS file to begin with.
This actually points out a problem with our release process:  Guido does the
final edits on the NEWS file last thing before tagging the CVS tree and
cutting the source tarball.  At that point it's a race, because I'm sitting
here waiting for the final NEWS file in order to begin constructing the
Windows installer.  So, in general, we're all working top speed in parallel
at the end, and nobody gets one last crack at what the others produce.  Of
course the *real* problem there is that Guido wants to go to sleep before
midnight, so he can get up before 9am and then act surprised when I don't get
in before noon.  So we should pin the blame here where it belongs:  on
Guido's unnatural sleep patterns.

hesitating-to-move-beyond-unnatural-to-evil-but-that's-a-strong-
    suspicion-ly y'rs  - tim