win32ras still broken?

Ben Hutchings ben.hutchings at roundpoint.com
Wed Apr 25 14:49:48 EDT 2001

"Karl M. Syring" <syring at email.com> writes:

> "Mark Hammond" <MarkH at ActiveState.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:3AE6BCCA.1040606 at ActiveState.com...
> > Bill Tolbert wrote:
> >
> > > A few weeks ago someone mentioned that win32ras was giving an
> > > api_error, "The buffer is invalid". I just pulled the latest
> > > win32all build 138 from ActiveState and I'm still getting the
> > > error.
> >

> >   I didn't see that post.  There have been no recent changes to
> > win32ras, but the Dial function works fine for me.

You need to test on more versions of Windows.

> Well on
>
> ActivePython 2.1, build 210 ActiveState)
> based on Python 2.1 (#15, Apr 19 2001, 10:28:27) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on
> win32
>
> we have
>   win32ras.EnumEntries()
> which gives
>   pywintypes.api_error: (632, 'RasEnumEntries', 'The structure size is
> incorrect.'
> Duh!

Let me guess, you're running Windows 95 (or similar)?  The MSDN
documentation for this function says that it doesn't work on Windows
95 when the name structure it's being asked to fill in is larger than
expected.  The win32all code appears to have been compiled to use the
extended version of this structure that Windows 2000 supports, hence
the problem.

Similarly the dial parameters structure has a newer version that
might cause problems for Windows 95, though this isn't documented.

--
Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of Roundpoint.