win32ras still broken?

zzzzz zzizz_ at notmail.com
Sat Apr 28 01:12:52 EDT 2001

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 14:49:15 +0200, "Karl M. Syring"
<syring at email.com> wrote:

>"Mark Hammond" <MarkH at ActiveState.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>news:3AE6BCCA.1040606 at ActiveState.com...
>> Bill Tolbert wrote:
>>
>> > A few weeks ago someone mentioned that win32ras was giving an api_error,
>> > "The buffer is invalid". I just pulled the latest win32all build 138
>from
>> > ActiveState and I'm still getting the error.
>>

>>   I didn't see that post.  There have been no recent changes to
>> win32ras, but the Dial function works fine for me.
>
>Well on
>
>ActivePython 2.1, build 210 ActiveState)
>based on Python 2.1 (#15, Apr 19 2001, 10:28:27) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on
>win32
>
>we have
>  win32ras.EnumEntries()
>which gives
>  pywintypes.api_error: (632, 'RasEnumEntries', 'The structure size is
>incorrect.'
>Duh!
>
>Karl M. Syring
I get the same error on
PythonWin 2.0 (#8, Oct 19 2000, 11:30:05) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32.

I asked this question a while ago, I think the problem is with the
windows API, and I have hunted through microsoft's API references to
no avail!!. I vaguely remember narrowing it down to a DLL, however, I
couldn't find any documentation to call up the DLL (I was thinking of
rundll).

Could dial up be initiated through COM & internet explorer?? I tried
this myself with no luck.

BTW I'm a newbie to both Python & windows API so I might have missed
some obvious stuff.

One suggested solution was to call up Rasdial95.exe, which I have
since downloaded & succesully tested on win98.

On location for it is:
http://www.downlinx.com/proghtml/48/4806.htm

though there are plenty other locations.

Regards,

z.