Windows Win32 API Interface?

jason petrone jp at NOSPAMdemonseed.net
Tue Apr 10 09:23:38 EDT 2001

Dry Ice <nomail at nomail.com> wrote:
> One of the charms of Visual Basic is the
> ability to call the Win32 API with relative
> simplicity.

> Does Python offer this ability?

Python has wonderful Win32/COM support.

However, my problem is that I don't know that much about MFC/COM/ETC
programming, and I have a hard time learning it in python, because there is
little documentation.  I almost bought Mark Hammond & Andy Robinson's book,
but it seemed to be more about python than win32.  It didn't really explain
the basics of windows programming.

I find myself using VC++ most of the time, because I can always look in one of
many books or open source programs for examples.

It would be a blessing if someone wrote a book on win32 programming with
examples in python.  Until then I'll just stick to unix as much as possible.

-jason