[ANNOUNCE] AHTS, A HTML Templating System

Peter Kleynjan kleynjan at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 6 18:29:10 EDT 2001

>AHTS stands for A HTML Templating System. It is an implementation of the
>templating system invented by Ars Digita, ACS Templating, in Python.

This might be a godsend, Ben.

We currently use pretty decent ASP-like libraries to fill out HTML
with server-side database stuff in python. But we sorely lack a way to
componentize and refactor the HTML/Javascript side of the application.
Maybe I'm just displaying ignorance here, but are we the only shop to
have this problem...?

The ACS stuff is impressive, but until now it was always two tools
beyond our comfort zone, with AOLserver, Tcl etc. AHTS looks like it
might be just the ticket!

BTW, have you seen the bigwig system? http://www.brics.dk/bigwig/
This looks more like a research project but you might find it
interesting anyway. The Javascript validation engine is awesome...

Cheers,
-Peter Kleynjan