Python vs. PHP

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Sat Apr 21 19:58:33 EDT 2001

Brett Haydon <bbhaydon at bigpond . com> wrote:

> See www.modpython.org for a python equivalent of modphp.
> It's fast and stable, but you may have to change your thinking somewhat
> about how you develop.
>
> Where PHP is mainly embedded in HTML, Python is not (not withstanding
> a few projects to do just that).
>
> But the trend is towards separation of code from design, so Python has
> a natural head start in that area..
>
> Brett

What about Webware/PyWX + AOLServer?  I've read that they give an
ASP/JSP style development model and that AOLServer exposes lots of
functionality to Python (thgough PyWX).  But I haven't tried them
yet.  Does anyone have comments or an evaluation?

I'd especially appreciate info on how to connect Webware and PyWX
together.  In Webware documentation
(http://webware.sourceforge.net/Papers/IntroToWebware.html) I
find a mention of PyWX/AOLServer.  And in PyWX documentation
(http://pywx.idyll.org/) I find a mention of a Webware adapter.
But, I do not know how to put them together.

  - Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman
dkuhlman at rexx.com