vim mode in interactive python

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Mon Apr 23 12:20:27 EDT 2001

Quoth Timothy Grant <tjg at hyperlinq.net>:
| Thanks for the input Donn. However, readline is definitely
| available, so something else must be going on somewhere.

Yes, it was a nice chance for a rant, but a moment after posting,
it occurred to me that you had probably already verified that
emacs sequences worked, too.  (If they don't work, that would
be a clue.)

OK, another idea:  At least one popular Red Hat Linux distribution
broke bash's vi mode with an /etc/inputrc that includes some extra
defines that start with <ESC>, like
"\e0d": backward-word

	donn at u.washington.edu