GUI Toolkit API?

Vadim Zeitlin zeitlin at seth.lpthe.jussieu.fr
Sun Apr 22 08:46:01 EDT 2001

On 21 Apr 2001 18:12:18 GMT, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at rempt.xs4all.nl> wrote:
>However, if you want to have all the great extensions that
>every toolkit provides, then you'll have to write emulation code for
>the missing bits, _if_ you're set on using what's already available.
>That's the position of wxWindows. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I rather
>had the impression that all the really interesting, high-level widgets
>wxWindows offers are custom-coded for wxWindows, like the html-widget.

 wxHTML is one of the rare examples - most of the other other controls are
implemented natively at least on one platforms (usually Win32 where the native
LNF is the most important). I think only wxGrid doesn't have any native
implementations - the other high-level widgets such as wxTreeCtrl or
wxListCtrl are implemented natively under Win32. Maybe someone will write the
GTK+ versions of those one day as well (in fact, they do exist, but wxWin
versions are better and so nobody is interested in using/improving them).

 Regards,
VZ
--
GCS/GM d? H+ s++:-- p2 au--- a- w+ v C+++ UBLS+++ P- L++ N++ E--- W++++ M? V--
-po+ R++ G`` !tv b+++ D--- e++++ u++ h--- f+ r++ n- y?