Komodo in violation of Mozilla Public License?

Chris Watson chris at voodooland.net
Tue Apr 10 22:17:07 EDT 2001

> This allows us to make sure that MPL code is always open and not
> privatized.  At the same time, it allows those building products to

You know I usually let this slip because I get sick of license wars. But
can you explain to me how the MPL or any other public license prevents the
closing of source covered with that license? If I release foo.c version
1.0 under a MPL. And company A comes along and takes a copy of the source
of foo.c 1.0 and closes it off and refuses to release work they did on it.
Can you tell me what magical creature came along and removed foo.c version
1.0 under the MPL off the face of the globe? The same version that company
A borrowed/used/stole/whatever. I mean maybe im missing something. Maybe I
dont have enough conspiracy theory blood in me. But how can you close a
copy of source that is given to the public? Who or what comes along and
with divine intervention removes the public version from the planet?

-Chris Watson         (316) 326-3862 | FreeBSD Consultant, FreeBSD Geek
Work:              scanner at jurai.net | Open Systems Inc., Wellington, Kansas
Home:  scanner at deceptively.shady.org | http://open-systems.net
WINDOWS: "Where do you want to go today?"
LINUX: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"