timeoutsocket.py problem

Timothy O'Malley timo at alum.mit.edu
Tue Apr 24 23:35:06 EDT 2001

hola.

In article <di0E6.585$E4.22861 at uchinews>, Ben Wolfson <wolfson at uchicago.edu> wrote:
> I'm using timeoutsocket.py with SocketServer.py
> However, in the Handler class' setup() method, when I do:
>
> print self.request
>
> the file descriptor is -1 and, of course, I can't use the socket.

Hmm...
I've been testing with SimpleHTTPServer, which is built on the SocketServer
class, and I have not been having problems.

Are you sure it's the same socket?  How could the file descriptor
become -1 if it is the same socket?

I guess I'm saying that I don't have any ideas...  I'm truly surprised
that something would come in and close your socket.