do...until wisdom needed...

Ken Peek Peek at LVCM.comNOSPAM
Wed Apr 18 00:23:00 EDT 2001

"If you make a product that even a complete idiot can use, then only a complete
idiot will want to use it"...

I agree with Doug.  Think outside of the box-- don't build a box around your
limited view of the universe...

"Douglas Alan" <nessus at mit.edu> wrote in message
news:lcd7ab6y2s.fsf at gaffa.mit.edu...

< snip >

> I don't want my language trying to force bad programmers to write good
> code.  If this is some sort of official design goal of Python, then it
> is a misguided and impossible one.

< snip >

> "Everything should be as simple as possible, but no simpler."

< snip >

> A macro capability doesn't detract from this.

< snip >

> A bad programmer has many tools available to him in Python, as it is,
> to make hard to understand code.  I don't think it would go over well
> to remove useful features from the language to prevent this.

< snip >