What is Python?

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Fri Sep 15 20:14:15 EDT 2000

Manuel Gutierrez Algaba <thor at localhost.localdomain> wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Tim Hammerquist <tim at degree.ath.cx> wrote:
>>Martijn Faassen <m.faassen at vet.uu.nl> wrote:
>>> Hah (insert evil cackle here), you say this *now*, but you'll find you'll
>>> be doing more and more in Python, slowly seduced to the dark side..
>>

>>There's a reason Perl is symbolized by the Camel; it was an intentional
>>metaphor by the author: it's ugly, it stinks, but it does the job and
>>does it well.

> Arabs prefer horses. So camel may not be such a good animal, after all.

Hey, be pleasant here. I was only predicting doom and the dark side,
I wasn't making remarks about his camel! :)

> P.S.: I thought the camel symbol symbolized the ugly face of
> Larry Wall.

I didn't know he had an ugly face. I heard he looked just like
Weird Al Yankovich, who doesn't have an ugly face in particular. So always
when I see or hear Weird Al I have to think of Perl. Not a bad association.

Tends-to-think-of-Python-when-seeing-or-hearing-Monty-Python-ly yours,

Martijn