pyXML!

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Tue Sep 26 10:27:13 EDT 2000

root at 127.0.0.1 (David) writes:
> Is there any reason the XML sig has chosen to make it so f****g difficult
> to install the XML package?

I'm the owner of the XML-SIG, and mostly it's because for a long time
no one has had time to work on the code, giving me a feeling of
working in a vacuum.  There was some effort to keep up with questions,
but then I tired of doing that and stopped -- mostly I just delete
XML-related questions now -- and no one else stepped up to respond to
them, confirming my impression of working in a void.

Happily, Martin von Loewis seems to have picked up the ball and has
been moving the code forward; hopefully you'll find things have
improved in 2.0b2.

--amk