calling python from zope

Spirou spirou at carolo.net
Tue Sep 5 22:04:38 EDT 2000

Duncan Booth a écrit dans le message
<8FA564725duncanrcpcouk at 194.238.50.13>...
>poparosa at aol.com (Poparosa) wrote in <20000902225426.22316.00002563 at ng-
>md1.aol.com>:

>There are at least three ways to call Python from Zope. These are (in order
>of increasing power and increasing complexity):
>
>PythonMethods
>External Methods
>Python Products
>
> (...)
>Products are at the core of Zope, and let you define new objects with
>persistent state. Rather more complex, but once you get on top of these
>there are no limits to what you can do. Find the 'boring' product on the
>Zope site for a HowTo on writing Python Products and a framework you can
>use to base your own products on. http://www.zope.org/Members/gtk/Boring

As a Python programmer, one would like to use the "Products", I guess.

I played a bit with the Boring Product. Ok, I can (at least) do Python
things there in.

But how do I guess all those strange-named imports ? How do I find back my
DB
connections, my SQL Methods, Zope's objects, ... ? Is there at last some
docs
about all the black magic in Zope ?

I know I should ask those kind of things on the Zope mailing-list, but there
is such
a traffic there ! (Does it tend to prove that there are lots of people using
Zope and
an average ratio of people having questions or not so much users, but a big
part
of them having lots of questions ?)
Moreover, I would prefer a Pythonist's answer than a Zopist's one.

Thanks if you could give the good pointers to start with (after the Boring
Product).