JPython install question

Calvelo Daniel dcalvelo at pharion.univ-lille2.fr
Wed Sep 6 05:45:16 EDT 2000

Huaiyu Zhu <hzhu at yahoo.com> wrote:
: After getting JPython11.class and running java on it, is there any other
: step needed for the installation?  The installed directories only have .java
: but not .class files, and when I run make in it, make complains about jikes
: not found.  There is no README, and I seem to have lost my way in the online
: instructions of install.  Thanks for any clarification.  (This is on Linux,
: but I'll also need it on NT, Solaris, HP-UX later on.)

AFAIremember there's no need of make; the installer (you got that one,
didn't you) puts a JPython.jar into the directory you specify. Then you
have the usual CLASSPATH java nightmare, but that's all.

This is on Linux.

HTH, DCA

-- Daniel Calvelo Aros
     calvelo at lifl.fr