omniORBpy / IDL mapping question...

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at news.hex.net
Thu Sep 28 20:53:10 EDT 2000

In our last episode (Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:21:32 GMT),
the artist formerly known as Dag Sunde said:
>In my IDL file I have a fragment that looks like:
>  interface MarketInterface
>  {
>    readonly attribute CosNaming::Name CorbaName;
>    readonly attribute string NamingDef;
>
>    attribute string MarketNameLong;
>    attribute string MarketNameShort;

>  };
>
>My problem is: how do I implement the Attributes from the IDL-file, so they
>behave like attributes when I'm implementing the "MarketInterface" -
>interface?
>
>ie. Mymarket.CorbaName = "Test" or sName = MyMarket.CorbaName ???

On the server side, you could implement the instances however you
like; presumably by having attribute variable declarations there
somewhere.  That's not visible to clients that use the attributes.

The thing that would actually get _seen_ is the set_/get_ functions;
they would be Python code that references whatever variables you
decided to store the values in.

As an arguably odd-ball choice, you could use a DBM file, so that the
values actually reside in a database outside the Python world.  It
doesn't have to be a plain old variable...
--
(concatenate 'string "cbbrowne" "@" "hex.net")
<http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/corba.html>