app slow down

Holger Burde hburde at bci-bremen.de
Tue Sep 26 06:39:31 EDT 2000

Dan Kuchler wrote:

> me wrote:
> >
> > Hi;
> >
> > My application shows strange delays at several points. Opening Window a)
> >
> > needs 2 minutes - opening another similar Window b) 2 secounds. The
> > application does not do any
> > computations that can cause such delays. I used truss to pin down the
> > problem . The interpreter sleeps in read - 60..120 secounds - read(6,
> > 0x0071FD7C, 5120)       (sleeping...) - and then starts again.
> >

> What window manager are you using?
>
> This problem you describe might be specific to
> the window manager that you are using.
>
> --Dan

hi;

A reboot always resolves this. Its a shared libraray problem (interposition
) . I hope i can track this down to the app that loads
the shlib with the problem. Mabe one of the proc cmds (what mapped to the
adress space) gives an answer to this problem.

--
Dipl. Inform. H. Burde - UNIX SysAdmin/Security - BCI GmbH
Tel:  +49 421 202 46 01  - hburde at bci-bremen.de   - http://www.bci-bremen.de