newbie class troubles

Brett Lempereur a.lempereur
Sun Sep 17 15:56:25 EDT 2000

> "In any programming language newsgroup, the proper way to get help is to
<*snip*>"

Allright.  i do know how to post programming error questions into newsgroups
(Vb and C++) but in python it is obviously different.  In case you're
interested i'm doing the testing in the immediate view

> "pointing that line out in your code, so we don't have to count"

I wasn't actually given a line number!!  The python interpreter literally
just threw the error right at me, without a point of reference, which is why
it is so difficult to actually track down the error

> "Without this information it is often impossible to tell where the error
occurs."

This is exactly my point!