Bizarre problem with HTTP POST verb and HTTPServer on Win32

Nigel Head nhead at houbits.com
Mon Sep 11 03:42:47 EDT 2000

Hi Niall,

regkey at yahoo.com (mail.indigo.ie) wrote in

>Something very weird is happening; I have written a simple subclass of
>HTTPRequestHandler which should handle HTTP GET and HTTP POST.  It works
>fine for HTTP GET but seems doesn't always respond to a POST on Win32.

A long while ago I had a similar problem. It ONLY occured on NT4 though,
not on W95. I had a brief exchange with Guido on the matter and it turned
out he couldn't reproduce it on his NT system either ... so I abandoned any
effort to track it down further.

IIRC I got things working in the end by explicitly closing wfile ... but I
went through some contortions to get there and I may not have RC'd.
Unfortunately I no longer have the source to what I did then so this can be
no more than a rough direction for you to look in ....

Nigel