CGI problems in Personal Web Server

pehr anderson pehr at pehr.net
Sun Sep 10 00:00:08 EDT 2000

Dear Bertilo,

I'm not sure if you will get much constructive advice other
than "switch to apache" allong with "use a server-grade OS like
NT Workstation or linux".

Apache does run well under all flavors of windows, however Win 95/98
are simply not designed to be friendly to long-running server
processes.  If you can't upgrade a server OS, then you will at least
want to evaluate upgrading to Apache.

I don't know if this is helpful in the short term, but in the
long term it will be valuable to have the flexability and control
provided by the apache server. Microsoft *has* to cripple their
personal web server as it can't be allowed to compete with their
expensive IIS webserver.  Their business incentives prevent them
from giving you a good solution.

Apache gives everybody "full power" on any platform.
http://apache.org/docs/windows.html

	-pehr