Civility in the Marketplace of Ideas [was: Public Domain Python]

Jason Cunliffe jasonic at nomadicsltd.com
Sat Sep 23 23:29:39 EDT 2000

...I am __just__ now 'beginning' to understand what [kind of subtle] turmoil
must have been roiling over and over in Europe in the mid 15th century 100
years as the seeds of the Reformation swirled around.. my goodness all those
those brilliant clerics must have debated long into the eriudite night from
Prague to Paris, Cologne to Rome, Avignon to Istanbul..

some highly recommended reading...

Doctor Copernicus : A Novel (Vintage International)
by John Banville
Paperback - 241 pages Reprint edition (October 1993)
Vintage Books; ISBN: 0679737995

or if you insist:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0679737995/qid=969765863/sr=1-7/002-7
550780-5012056

enjoy

- Jason
Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS.(Interactive Art and Technology).Design Director

Grant Griffin <g2 at seebelow.org> wrote in message
news:39CC78B2.E6A16E95 at seebelow.org...
> Steven D. Majewski wrote:
> >
> > <http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/print/2322/>
> >
> > [ ... ]
> >
> > "But what mystifies me the most is the amount of vehemence that Richard
> > Stallman provokes whenever he weighs in on a subject.
>
> Well, as a certain historical figure said, "There's no such thing as bad
> publicity."  (Actually, I think that was actually the _only_ memorable
> thing that historical figure ever said.)
>
> > I have seen this
> > time and time again, most recently regarding licensing issues
surrounding
> > KDE, Qt, and Python. In these cases, RMS was asked his opinion regarding
> > licenses by many folks--including TrollTech, BeOpen, and Linux
Today--and