Complete Crash on Windows NT using Python 1.6 with IDLE

Klaus-Gerd Meyer Klaus-Gerd.Meyer at de.bosch.com
Wed Sep 20 05:18:58 EDT 2000

>just starting up the TclTk Front End for Python 1.6,
>I can type the following and get always a complete crash of the
>python IDLE. I don't get the crash when I use python in console
>modus.
>
>Just Type - after the prompt, but without the double quotes - "aü"

I just tried it, no problem (Win NT 4, german version):

Python 1.6 (#0, Sep  5 2000, 08:16:13) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
Copyright (c) 1995-2000 Corporation for National Research Initiatives.
All Rights Reserved.
Copyright (c) 1991-1995 Stichting Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam.
All Rights Reserved.
IDLE 0.6 -- press F1 for help