What is Python?

Dan Schmidt dfan at harmonixmusic.com
Wed Sep 27 14:45:54 EDT 2000

Darren New <dnew at san.rr.com> writes:

| I think if it was "thou program" then it's 3rd person that's
| "wrong", while if it's "thou programs" it's first person that's
| "wrong".

It would be 'thou programmest' or something, which sounds horrible.  I
would go with 'thou dost program'.  Similarly, 'he programmeth', or
'he doth program'.

| But speaking to other non-native speakers (whose first languages
| were romance languages, mind), I was suprised to hear that the
| simplicity of verb conjugations was one of the appealing aspects of
| English. I would have thought it was the gender thing, myself.

As someone currently learning Latin, I have new appreciation for the
simplicity of English conjugation.

--
                 Dan Schmidt | http://www.dfan.org
Honest Bob CD now available! | http://www.dfan.org/honestbob/cd.html