CGI Search Script?

Kragen Sitaker kragen at dnaco.net
Sat Sep 30 22:56:21 EDT 2000

In article <39D4F079.F4A4A8C3 at seebelow.org>,
Grant Griffin  <g2 at seebelow.org> wrote:
>I guess it's kind of a chicken-and-egg problem: A big piece of code is
>written in Perl so it isn't maintainable; we'd like to write it in
>Python so it would be maintainable; but since it isn't maintainable,
>it's pretty hard to translate it to Python.

IMHO, writing code in Perl is not an excuse for writing unmaintainable
code.  I've been pretty impressed with Lincoln Stein's Perl code, for
instance.  And writing code in Python is not a guarantee of writing
maintainable code.  But I think it's easier to write maintainable code
in Python.
--
<kragen at pobox.com>       Kragen Sitaker     <http://www.pobox.com/~kragen/>
Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves