xml and Python 2.0b

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Fri Sep 8 03:45:12 EDT 2000

[bhellao at my-deja.com]
> I used the Windows installer to install the new Python 2.0b, however,
> it didn't seem to install the new xml package as stated in the New
> Modules and Packages section of the document
> http://www.pythonlabs.com/tech/python2.0/news.html

Sorry about that!  The Windows installer was replaced earlier today (well,
Thursday).  Somehow or other, the lack of the XML package snuck by *all* the
pre-release alpha testers, including me and Guido.  In a bit of irony, at
the time the first bug report about this was being filed at SourceForge, the
BeOpen PythonLabs group was having a meeting wherein we coincidentally
wondered how to improve the test suite so that non-experts could *tell*
which tests were expected to get skipped on their platform.  Looks like we
need a better system for that more than you folks do <wink>.

personally-always-thought-of-xml-as-an-adult-version-of-standard-
    ml-of-new-jersey-ly y'rs  - tim