Python 2.0b1 is released!

Suchandra Thapa ssthapa at harper.uchicago.edu
Mon Sep 11 13:21:11 EDT 2000

Steve Williams <sandj.williams at gte.net> wrote:
>If the lawyer says we're going to interpret the license under the laws
>of the Grand Duchy of Gerolstein, we need to pause for a moment and ask
>ourselves "who's going to be running the ol' fiefdom in 10 years?"

[stuff deleted]

>Can you spell UCITA?  Sure, I knew you could.

    From my understanding, CNRI is located in Virginia and so it makes sense
for them to want the license to be interpeted under the laws of the state
they're in.  I really don't think that this is a plot to use UCITA to carry
out some underhanded scheme.  I would be more worried if CNRI wanted their
license to be interpeted under some state that they have no connection with.