(Win32) Lowering current process's priority

Jonathan Epstein Jonathan_Epstein at nih.gov
Mon Sep 25 12:08:25 EDT 2000

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to lower the priority of my own process
prior to running the "meat" of the code.  I have tried several
variations of the following, with no success so far (attribute errors):

win32api.SetPriorityClass(win32api.GetCurrentProcessId(),win32con.IDLE_PRIORITY_CLASS)

In general, I have had trouble finding suitable documentation for
win32pdhutil, win32con, and win32api, in constrast to the excellent
documentation for the standard (non-win32) python libraries.  Can anyone
recommend some suitable online sources?

BTW, I own both Mark's Python on Win32 book and a general Win32
(non-Python) API book.  The latter gives me a good idea of how to do
what I want, but I'm just running into Python syntax/library formulation
problems.

Thanks,

- Jonathan