(Win32) Lowering current process's priority

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at out-think.NOSPAMco.uk
Mon Sep 25 12:30:04 EDT 2000

Jonathan Epstein <Jonathan_Epstein at nih.gov> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to figure out how to lower the priority of my own process
>prior to running the "meat" of the code.  I have tried several
>variations of the following, with no success so far (attribute errors):
>
>win32api.SetPriorityClass(win32api.GetCurrentProcessId(),win32con.IDLE_PRIORITY_CLASS)
>
>In general, I have had trouble finding suitable documentation for
>win32pdhutil, win32con, and win32api, in constrast to the excellent
>documentation for the standard (non-win32) python libraries.  Can anyone
>recommend some suitable online sources?
>
>BTW, I own both Mark's Python on Win32 book and a general Win32
>(non-Python) API book.  The latter gives me a good idea of how to do
>what I want, but I'm just running into Python syntax/library formulation
>problems.

Are you sure the constant is available as an attribute?

Try and specify it litterally and see if that works.

Dale Strickland-Clark
Out-Think Ltd
Business Technology Consultants