Biz Graphing for Python on Win95/Linux

John Grayson johngrayson at home.com
Wed Sep 13 14:56:07 EDT 2000

In article <8pogo0$7hh$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,
  foofoobox at my-deja.com wrote:
> I need to start producing line charts, pie charts, etc. as GIFs on
Win95 and
> Linux platforms, and I was wondering if anyone has suggestions.  From
what I
> saw on the Net, it looked like PIL might be a way to go, but I
couldn't find
> anything in the PIL manual that talked about how one creates line
graphs,
> etc.  Did I miss something?  What else is out there?  Ideally I'd like
to use
> a package that isn't alpha or beta since we need to rely on it.
>
> Thanks,
> Anders Schneiderman
> The National Journal Group
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Take a look at chapter 11 of my book _Python and Tkinter Programming_ -
you can get it free here: http://www.manning.com/Grayson/Chapters.html

You could convert the draw routines to PIL with a little effort and
create gif/png files. Chapter 10 demonstrates such a technique -- but
you'd have to buy the book for that...  :-)

    John Grayson