JPython Status

Ken Swisz ken.swisz at computer.org
Sat Sep 30 23:50:48 EDT 2000

Barry,

    I sure hope it is resolved and JPython is continually enhanced.  I
believe JPython to be the most under-rated tool in the programming
community.  Unfortunately, it is still in the shadows of (C)Python, Java
and Perl for various reasons.  I would like to see a lot more effort
going
on in the JPython area.  I'll even be heretical, why not emphasize
JPython
development over Python development.  JPython is in the nearly unique
position of being able to draw on the huge number of resources available
for Java.  Sometimes I have noticed that people spend a fair amount of
effort building something in or for Python, when they could have gotten
it
for free via JPython and a Java package or two.

Ken