newbie books

Kragen Sitaker kragen at dnaco.net
Sat Sep 16 18:55:31 EDT 2000

In article <39C3F9BB.9798974D at engcorp.com>,
Peter Hansen  <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>Unless you feel like saving yourself some effort, and just going
>straight to wxPython.  Having been there and done that, I recommend
>against Tkinter as a means of doing GUIs in Python, except for special
>cases (such as cross-platform work that involves targets not yet
>supported by wxPython).

Is wxPython less effort to build with than Tkinter?  I've written a few
things with Tk, but don't know anything about wxWindows, except that
it's widely used.  Can you compare them?

--
<kragen at pobox.com>       Kragen Sitaker     <http://www.pobox.com/~kragen/>
Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves