Python IDE's

Tony Sideris non-existant at foo.bar.org
Fri Sep 15 17:02:12 EDT 2000

"Brett Lempereur" <a.lempereur[remove this|@|remove this]cableinet.co.uk>
wrote in message news:9mvw5.3052$ZN4.475499 at news1.cableinet.net...
> I'm moving over from developing in Java and Vb to try out python for a
bit.
> I've learned pretty much all my programming skills using MS tools, which
are
> pretty good, so i was wondering if there was a good IDE available for
python
> anywhere
>
> Thanks

Emacs is all you'll ever need.. but if all you're used to is MS tools
(that's where I started too), then emacs maybe take a bit of getting used to
(http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows).

On the simpler side, if all you are worried about right now is an editor,
there is a great shareware editor (than can be easily configured to python)
called EmEdit available at http://www.nifty.ne.jp/forum/femsoft/index-e.htm.
I used this for awhile for python, perl, TCL and any other scripting or
general text editing I did before I discovered the wonderful world of emacs.

Just thought I'd thow in my 2 cents.
-Tony