Is Python worth learning?

Grant Griffin g2 at seebelow.org
Mon Sep 4 15:37:37 EDT 2000

Crow and Servo wrote:

> I am fairly new to Python.  I have been using VB, C++, and Java most of my
> life.  I am debating whether it is worth learning Python over just sticking
> with Java.  It seems Python does not have any real good DB support for MS SQL
> server (at least not that I can find online and free).
>
> Is Python going to give Java a run for its money someday, or does Java have too
> much of a lead?

Here's my own suggestion.  Invest one full working day going through
Guido's Python tutorial.  (It comes free with Python.)  If, at the end
of the day, you are not in love (with Python, not Guido ;-), then Java
may be the best thing for you.

i'm-still-infaturated-myself-(with-Python,-not-Guido-<wink>)
   -ly y'rs,

=g2

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation	      http://www.iowegian.com