syntactic sugar for filesystem access in Python

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at no.spam
Thu Sep 28 00:00:18 EDT 2000

kragen at dnaco.net (Kragen Sitaker) writes:

> It is with some trepidation that I post this; I'm not sure it's
> useful.  It provides some very simple filesystem-access functionality
> in a very simple way, but it will throw exceptions at surprising times
> if the filesystem changes underneath it.
>
> Still, it should be entertaining.

And indeed it is!  I have been looking for a way to use Python as my
shell for some time... your Filesystem class gives me a way to do it!
Well done!

(IMHO this improves the readability of certain classes of script, too,
as far as usefulness is concerned.  I need never use shellscripts again!)

--
Glyph Lefkowitz
Professional -- Software Engineer,  Origin Systems