Python 1.6 The balanced language

Alex cut_me_out at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 4 08:58:36 EDT 2000

> Yes!  You're off to a great start.  My parents told me I never learned
> how to crawl.  Instead I slid around on my butt.  They said I liked
> scooting over to a wall or door, then bang my head on it relentlessly
> until they dragged me away in terror.  I still enjoy banging my head
> on walls, but don't do it often in public anymore.  Never occurred to
> me to use a hammer!  It's a great idea -- thanks.

Well, as long as we're sharing formative experiences, I must admit that
I got the idea from Robert Heinlein during my long, now somewhat
embarrassing, adolescent fascination with his stories.  Although in the
story I'm thinking of, hitting yourself in the head with a hammer was
being used for its soporific rather than its stupefying effects, so I
guess I did extend the concept a little.

Alex.

--
The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time.
-- Sir Winston Churchill