startup, sys.path, and 2.0b1

Alex cut_me_out at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 12 12:26:13 EDT 2000

    Art> I've encountered an oddity with the beta. I'd built and tested
    Art> the python executable, and it tests well. If I try to run it,
    Art> though, I get an error saying it can't find the `site'
    Art> module. I found it in the `Lib' subdirectory, though, and I can
    Art> read it.

    Art> After a bit of poking around, I checked sys.path, and it looked
    Art> something like this (formatting changed for posting) ...

    Art> /opt/build/Python-2.0b1/lib/python2.0
    Art> /opt/build/Python-2.0b1/lib/python2.0/lib-tk
    Art> /opt/build/Python-2.0b1/lib/python2.0/plat-linux2

I would try doing something like 'make install | grep site' It should
explicitly tell you where it's installing site.py, and it should be in
lib/python2.0  Perhaps somehow an error is stopping the install before
site.py is reached?  (maybe you're out of disk space?)

Alex.

--
Speak softly but carry a big carrot.