syntactic sugar for filesystem access in Python

Delaney, Timothy tdelaney at avaya.com
Thu Sep 28 18:47:45 EDT 2000

The main problem I see with the below suggestion is that it would *only*
work with domain names. You couldn't do the following ...

	sock = internet.192.168.0.1['http']

However, this could be overcome by mapping

	internet.www.python.org (I prefer this ordering)

	internet['www.python.org']

via a DNS lookup. This could then be the general form for the lookup. It
would also be easier to code originally (only need to mess with __getitem__
rather than __getattr__).