Pythonwin can't load simple script (Win95, Py1.5.2)

Frank Miles fpm at u.washington.edu
Wed Sep 13 10:59:44 EDT 2000

In article <jVCv5.7444$tj4.48516 at news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
Mark Hammond <MarkH at ActiveState.com> wrote:
>"Frank Miles" <fpm at u.washington.edu> wrote in message
>news:8pmc18$3evk$1 at nntp6.u.washington.edu...
>> I'm trying to get the python interpreter (eventually with wxPython)
>> running on a Win95 system.  I can start pythonwin, but when I try
>> to load even simple python script, pythonwin crashes, complaining
>> about MFC42.DLL.  (This is using win32all.exe)
>
>If this is version 134 for Python 2.0, then
>http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/win32/Downloads.html has an
>update.  If any of the 1.6 versions, you will need to wait for the
>next win32all or ActivePython...

I probably should have repeated my subject line... this is for Python 1.5.2.
I've tried 1.6b1 and 1.6(final), but gotten somewhat similar messages
(different DLL, but pythonwin still crashes).  Didn't try 2.0, since wxPython
isn't ready yet for 2.0.  Both Win95 systems that I've tried exhibit
essentially the same problem.  And yes, I've completely uninstalled the
other version of python and pythonwin in trying another version.

Any other ideas would be welcome!

	-frank