Perl rules - Python drools

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Fri Oct 13 18:34:53 EDT 2000

[Wayne Paterson <waynep at staff.intekom.com>]
> begin 666 cameleatingpython.jpg

[David T. Grove]
> If you don't mind, I won't waste my time peeking at this.
>
> As an avid perl user: I should point out something. You are in
> violation of trademark law. You are not permitted to use a camel in
> association with the Perl language without specific written permission
> from O'Reilly and Associates. You have also used a trademarked
> O'Reilly symbol for an unauthorized attack on the Python community,
> for which O'Reilly can seek additional legal remedies, since you are
> misrepresenting O'Reilly and Associates to the public. Your email
> address seems to indicate that you are making this attack on behalf of
> your company. If this is true, your company may be held equally
> liable.

If anyone in the Python community is so much a drudge as to view a humorous
picture as "an attack", they'll doubtless be hunted down and executed by the
PSU (the secret enforcement arm of the PSA, whose very existence I firmly
deny).

Besides, turnabout is fair play.  Mark Hammond has had a cute animation of a
python biting a camel's butt on

    http://starship.python.net/crew/skippy/

since long before he went to work for your favorite Perl company <wink>.

a-camel-having-sex-with-a-python-may-be-a-more-accurate-view-of-the-
    future-ly y'rs  - tim