telnet.py in Python-1.5.2/Demo doesn't work in HP-UX....

zxo102 at my-deja.com zxo102 at my-deja.com
Fri Oct 6 17:40:05 EDT 2000

telnet.py in Python-1.5.2/Demo does not work on
HP-UX. Does anybody know how to solve this
problem? The attached is what I got. Also,
whenever I use threads with a socket (python) on
HP-UX, I have problems to read message from the
socket. W. Richard Stevens in his book "UNIX
Network Programming, Volume 1" mentioned a similar
problem (see page 612) and suggests a solution of
Using Thread-Specific Data (pp 612-622).

Thanks for your help.

Ouyang
Here is what I did:
python telnet.py 127.0.0.1
Then I got:

(IAC) (DO) 36
(IAC) (DO) 24
(IAC) (DONT) 24
(IAC) (DO) 32
(IAC) (DONT) 32
(IAC) (WILL) 1
(IAC) (WILL) 3
(IAC) (DO) 31
(IAC) (DO) 33
(IAC) (DO) 1

HP-UX marge.unrrts.com B.10.20 A 9000/782 (ttyp8)

login: (IAC) (WONT) 1
(IAC) (WONT) 3
(IAC) (DONT) 31
(IAC) (DONT) 33
(IAC) (DONT) 1

I input my userid to login, telnet.py does not
repond to it.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.