PythonWin IDE sucks!

Boris Borcic borcis at geneva-link.ch
Sat Oct 28 09:01:53 EDT 2000

Dale Strickland-Clark wrote:

> OK. I give up.
>
> This newsgroup has to get the prize for some of the fragile, sensitive
> egos on the net.

What ! A speaker for the whole net !

Our respects, master.

> I've just received this by email:

So that's a speaker for a *NEW* whole net.

A net where there is no rule nor justification needed for violating
said rule, against echoing private mail in public.

> "As a friend of the person who wrote PythonWin, I didn't see anything
> lighthearted about your message at all and although I have some ideas
> to help you improve your situation, there is no way I am going to
> bother unless you apologize. I suspect a lot of very knowledgeable
> people reading the list feel the same way.

Well, I am no personal friend of Mark Hammond, and while I manage
with Pythonwin without problems (perhaps because I do not work
in your league), I have actually no idea about improving your
situation, except for saying that I do not think your type of
attitude is consistent with the open source spirit.

> Paul Prescod"

Hello

> If you want to have a go at me, please have the balls to do it on the
> original forum.

Ever heard why man descends from the brontosaur, and not woman ?

Brontosaurs tended to have two brains, one for hindlegs, the tail, etc,
and the normal nutshell sized one for what went with the head.

> FWIW, I have exchanged several emails with Mark Hammond and hold him
> in high esteem.

It's worth a lot, unless Mark Hammond denies.

> I thinkI have even thanked him for introducing me to
> Python through the book he co-authored with Andy Robinson.
>
> If I believed this to be a real problem with PythonWin, I would
> probably have emailed Mark directly, however, I was half expecting
> someone to reply that I was being a twat and should so such-and-such
> and the problem would go away.

So it's about being rude to manipulate people into the responses
you want. I call this arrogance.

> Instead I find I am surrounded by a bunch of frail-hearts who
> come-over all faint when the language departs from the usual
> obsequious pleas for help.

Not only are you so surrounded, but you further call *the newsgroup
as a whole* into play. That ain't wise.

> Not all, thankfully. I have had a few very helpful emails who seem to
> have taken my original post in the light it was intended.

So why do you insist, to win face ? Silly.

> I feel no apology is required as no offence was intended.
>
> --
> Dale Strickland-Clark
> Out-Think Ltd

The sum of these two claims :

1> "I feel no apology is required as no offence was intended"
2> "Out-Think Ltd"

spells "arrogance" and nothing else.

Boris Borcic