using 0x1 << i where i is large HELP!!!

William Tanksley wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net
Wed Oct 18 14:36:28 EDT 2000

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 21:13:28 -0400, Mark Cunningham wrote:
>I had 0x1l and i thought it would be the same thing as 0x1L, but its
>not, thanks!

Could you please send us the *exact* code that fails?  I pasted in your
code from your original post, added a ":" after the 'if' statement
(without that Python will just barf), and ran it, and it worked.  I tried
it again with a lowercase 'l' just now, and again it worked.

If this is a bug we should fix it, and if it's a typo it won't hurt to
correct it.

--
-William "Billy" Tanksley