?Pickle and ellispe problem

Norman Shelley Norman_Shelley-RRDN60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon Oct 16 12:21:52 EDT 2000

I am trying to pickle an instance of a class that contains instances of
other classes some of which are descendants of UserList. Self
referential objects also exist. When I go to pickle this instance an
error is raised indicating problems with an ellipse object.  I do not
explicitly use an ellipse object (not even really sure what it is all
about).  When I did some debugging it looked like it was  trying to
pickle the builtins and that is where the ellispe object was being
picked up.   Any ideas/suggestions on what to do to get picikling to
work? (All I want to do is save the current state so I  don't have to
take the time to parse and simulate.)