Compilation of Python 2.0c1

Kalle Svensson kalle at gnupung.net
Tue Oct 10 08:58:43 EDT 2000

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Neil Schemenauer wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 01:42:39PM +0200, Frédéric Gobry wrote:
[snip problems compiling python on mandrake linux]

> You could also try turning off the optimizer:
>     make clean
>     OPT=-g ./configure
>     make

I believe this won't turn off the optimizer, only add debugging. OPT=-O0
will turn off optimizations.

Anyway, I had a problem similar to this once. I'd done something bad with
my glibc, IIRC. Maybe you could try reinstalling your glibc? And make sure
you use 2.1.3, not 2.1.94 or whatever, that's experimental. Also, make
sure your gcc isn't 2.96.x, that's experimental too.
$ ls /lib/libc-*
$ gcc --version
will give you the version numbers.

HTH,