Wholly unnecessary flame. (was Re: pyXML!)

jay.krell at cornell.edu jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sun Oct 1 07:35:58 EDT 2000

tmake (Trolltech make) is a tool for generating makefiles from like a
template to makefile "formats" for various makes, including at least Visual
C++ .dsp files. I don't know if they generate VC nmake files and/or Borland
C/C++ Builder files and/or Visual Age C/C++ files and/or <whatever C/C++
compilers/makes there are for Windows>.

Presumably you could do something with automake too..

Personally I use build.exe from the NT Device Driver Development Kit..it's
like a recursive make layered over nmake, theoretically portable to other
compilers..

 ..Jay