Number of Python Users

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Tue Oct 3 11:03:25 EDT 2000

In article <8rb8an$jfl$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,  <echuck at mindspring.com> wrote:
>Is there any kind of estimate on the number of Python users? Or even
>related numbers, like # of downloads of 1.5.2?
			.
			.
			.
A couple of years ago, gossip circulated "half a million" as
a number which I believe originated with the O'Reilly empire.
It's a very fuzzy question, by the way--you do understand
that, right?  What's the use of the estimate?  Is it for com-
parison with a Java head-count, as diagnostic for a policy
decision about the wisdom of reliance on a "minority language"?
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net