import x as y

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Oct 31 17:33:12 EST 2000

In article <8tnf2r$ltg$1 at newsy.ifm.liu.se>, Thomas Bellman wrote:

>>> l = [0]
>>> def l[0]():
>>>   pass

>I'm not Rainer Deyke, but I can at least think of situations
>where that would be convenient.  If you are making a table of
>functions,

I wasn't sure if he wanted a list of functions or if he wanted
the function's name to be taken from the list.  If you just
want a list of functions, you have to add a line:

l = [0]
def t():
  pass
l[0] = t

Too bad lambda is crippled.  Otherwise you could just do:

l[0] = lambda(...):

Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Do I have a lifestyle
                                  at               yet?
                               visi.com